martedì 18 maggio 2010

Dreamin' of swimming

I'm sorry guys for not having posted anything through all these days, but I've been really busy with studying and I think this situation will last at least until monday! I'm trying not to drown!!!

Btw, the song I'm presenting you today is part of the new album by The Fall, "Your Future Our Cuttler", and although I personally think that the entire album is really a masterpiece, I decided to extract this track because I believe that it is perfectly representative of the musical style, somewhere between rock and punk, of The Fall. Just like Wikipedia wants us to understand > [The Fall are an English post-punk group, formed in PrestwichGreater Manchester in 1976. The group has existed in some form ever since, and is essentially built around its founder and only constant member Mark E. Smith. First associated with the punk movement of the late 1970s, the group's music has gone through several stylistic changes over the years. However, The Fall's music is often characterised by repetition, an abrasive guitar-driven sound, and is always underpinned by Smith's vocals and often cryptic lyrics, described by critic Steve Huey as "abstract poetry filled with complicated wordplay, bone-dry wit, cutting social observations, and general misanthropy (sometimes more implied than clearly stated, but apparent nonetheless).]


www.tips-fb.com
blog comments powered by Disqus